In 2021 the ESM, in collaboration with Hugo David's family, has decided to honour this great scientist by creating a new award in his name. More information about Hugo David and his achievements is available here.
The Hugo David Award for the Best Paper of the Year will be presented to the overall winner from our Paper of the Quarter awards.
Who is eligible?
- First or last author of the publication, must be an ESM member at the time of the proposal and will be the recipient of the prize.
- First or last author can only be awarded one prize a year.
- In cases where there are co-first authors, it is sufficient for one of them to be an ESM member.
- Submitted papers must have appeared within 6 months of the deadline, defined as the date of online publication.
Each quarter, a prize of €500 will go to the first author (to be shared in the case of 2 first authors) and the winner will be asked to present their papers via a webinar during the month following the declaration of the winners. The presentations will be shown live on YouTube and will remain on the ESM website for those who could not watch them live.
The Hugo David Award winner will be chosen at the end of each year and will receive a prize of €1000.
Proposals and selection process
- The deadline for submitting publications will be 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December each year and the overall winner will be announced in the New Year after we have received the last submission.
- Proposals are to be emailed to the ESM office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include an abstract along with a PDF copy of your paper.
- The ESM Steering Committee will review the entries.